Church Camp in Cameron Highlands (25-28th)
From Tapah, the journey up to Brinchang was about 59km. I thought it might take us another 1 hour to reach. Wrong, it was a solid 2 hours to get to Chefoo Methodist center in the hills of Cameron. 25th May, we were heading for one church camp.My parents, aunts and sis left from KB while me and hero took a later bus from KL. The journey was long and monotonous, groggy and irritating… bus diver puffing away happily every hour.
I was feeling a little joyful to get away from work and from people whom I recently got pissed.
But, “It’s not about you, It’s all about Him”. One of the sermons we heard, and I’m so glad I came. Though the accommodation was not as luxurious, it was really a worth while learning camp all together! What those speakers preached were as if customized for me.
I used to blog of how angry I get when so and so offended me. That message was a blast to my face. Why am I focusing so much on myself? On my feeling? To pick her mistakes and emphasizing them… which ultimately sadden and eats me up within. I finally realized one thing, it’s not about me.
Sometimes God allows difficult people, difficult situations to encamp us as He loves us too much to see us rot in sins. He want us to learn from these circumstances, preparing us for greater things.
We also tend to have this thought “Ah, I’m human… I just can’t help feeling angry… A sin it is, I will repent when my anger fades.” Pastor Steve in his sermon revealed this truth which release us from falling again and again in sins. Once we are born again, our old self should die, there is no room for sin to take place.
To cut the long story short, after our camp, I really feel changed. As if a burden had been lifted, a new perception/thinking had been installed… I no longer hold grudge over her/him. And that itself is victory!
Labels: Christianity, Outings
2 Comments:
You are not the only one. I also felt the sermons were meant for me. Am sure glad to read what you wrote - am real proud my girl is growing up strong spitirually! I can echo all that you wrote in your message. And look at those two beautiful straberry ice cream girls! Ha! What more can I ask for?
Haha.. thanks ma! Beauty comes from u eh.. *wink,wink* We are so blessed with the BEST parents :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home