Saturday, April 26, 2008

Packed!

Thanks yb for your support in reading this blog! Gives me semangat to write again.

Was it two months already? I do not know, i've lost track of time and even my memory lately. Don't think i want to make every part of my life too public though, so i'm just gona tell what's worth sharing.

Ok, job?

This position totally takes a 180 degree turn in my career. I'm still learning every bits and pieces of the project management side.

The schedule is hectic. I just do not know where to start??? Boss had parked a total of 5 projects under my nose, and some of them are so foreign! My supervisor who is handing all these are jumping to another department, so here comes all the 'leftovers'. It's really a challenge, not only at the technical side... but also soft skill. Talk about the art of multitasking. Imagine how many database structure to swallow? How many system design, code flow, standard procedures, architecture to digest?

Just pray pray prayyyyyy that i am able to survive till probation ends! We should not be afraid when Jesus are walking this life with us? How good it is to be a Christian!! :)

Talk about our company trip. Since IHS doesn't have any, it was just natural to get all excited to go on a 'free' holiday right? The theme was Pirates of the Straits. We headed langkawi for a 3day 2 nights stay. It was quite fun overall (Of couse FOT is still the best!). The hightlight was the annual dinner we had on our second night there. Everyone were supposed to dressed up as a pirate, winners walk away with Rm500.

"Demi wang yang begitu lumayan, aku kenalah mengorbankan muka demi kebahagian family ku. Demi Rm500 itulah aku gangho meminjam pakaian seiras lanun. Dengan sokongan yang ku dapati dari roomate, ku tinggalkan segala maruah, segala perasaaan malu di dadaku... fikiranku hanya tumpu pada sampul wang yang agak tebal dipenuhi 10 keping Rm50."

Just when i walked out the lobby, i saw all my department colleagues. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS wearing any pirate costume. I was about to faint... I felt like digging a hole and do the burrying of head thingy. It was so embarrassing that i had to cover my blood red face with a scraft all the way to the ball room. Famous for that night lar me, I felt as if my wedding again, i got that stare. When the crowds got bigger before the dinner, i was a little relief to see another 2-3 GIRL pirates from different depts. Anyway, to cut the long story short, i didn't win! We were asked to parade on stage doing this ridiculous catwalk... you can check out those pics here.

Next, routine?

Since my new office is just 5-10 minutes drive from Glenmarie, i follow andrew to work. Slash the petrol, slash the toll. We can actually save half of these expenses. Dreadful. So we wake up when the sun has yet to rise, that would be about 6:45am (I used to wake up at 8:15am during IHS time)... and leaving time would be after sun set (7-730pm). Have dinner and reach home... it's always 8+pm or later.

I married the right guy. Andrew is so kind hearted that his HR colleague had 'volunteerily' asked his help to fetch her boss to and fro, to work and home. Of all places, he chose to stay right in the middle of a super jam pack area. Yea, USJ Summit. He would normally stay back till 7pm and by the time we crawl bumper to bumper for another hour to reach his house, the next thing we know it's already 8:30pm. So reaching home by 9:30pm.... Still i kept silence, till one day.. he left office close to 9! The next morning i didn't utter a word to him, he got the signal. Sometimes it's just hard to satisfy everyone's need. Although the bible says to help others, but we should be wise too :)

Ok, i think i've talked too much. Better hit the sack how.. it's 2am already. YB, happy reading! Good night all.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mekkk!! Not just YB leh, I also want updates! Jz didn't have time to drop a msg over here!
Sorry ah, but I laughed like mad when I read the part abt u dressing up as pirate! I can almost imgagine..Wahahha.Ok..:|

Anyways mek, I think ur new job offers you a good chance to train your stress level ;) I'm having my share over here. With perseverance, anything is POSSIBLE!! :)

Miss you loads. I do..I do..

Take care nah! muax!

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat the fork.. ask the fella to keep skin la.. dem q thick face man. wan people fetch sommore stayed back so dem late as if you guys are his driver or soemthing. He sure doesnt look like a HR Manager by not even having his own transport and using people like that.

bah.... all kinds of people nowadays.

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger sugar.glider said...

To Mek! So good to hear from you. I thought you hilang where d. Andrew was just asking about you that morning before i got your comment :D Tankiu. How are things over at your end? Ya..big stress challenge for me2, especially i have to do support -_- Last time, i thought support job is easier than development, now i know it's so so frustratingly tougher. Especially your customer needs that urgently, and they do not speak good English. And i mean that! Frustrating for them not to understand us, frustrating for us not to understand them! And somore, the buggy leftover. Amen.

Talk about the pirate costume. I can assure you if there's another costume party, i'm NOT gona take part liao. Merchok.

Yah, add oil! You sure tim mek. Walau... graduate with a Masters soon. YB, you see my friend geng or not?

To YB! Yes, this guy promised to get a car after one month. And now, he's still sticking around. I'm so upset actually, since he said he's earning close to 9k. Wife earning 8k. Then my question is, y can't he just hire a dedicated taxi driver to drive him ler? So i came to two conclusions:

1) I'm selfish and unconsiderate
2) He's selfish and unconsiderate

What do you think?
What should I do?

To Mom: Andrew being the nice guy, always pacify me when i get agitated over this issue (You must check out the jam). He said we should try to help him because the Bible teaches us to sacrifice. I countered back by saying we should be wise too! So how? As a Christian, what should you do if you're in our shoes?

 
At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of whether im a christian or not, I think i will just give him a hard kick out of the dem car. Earn so blardy much but cant even afford your own car?

Its KAM SIAP + Unconsiderate + showoff. =.='

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger sugar.glider said...

True yb! At least the situation is getting better a little. Since he's staying back late every night, we go off without him, keke. He terpaksa follow one of his machai.

And i agree with what ah Huat said mek, it's totally crap!

Since i have a car, and so does Hero. He actually suggested 'paying' for mine. Asked me how much for a day, of course..asked through hero. No doubt, i said no on the spot. I even googled those rental cars contact for him. Guess what his response was?

"I don't want to call them because i don't trust their cars. Many problems".

I was like WT.....ffffffffork...

 
At 11:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hor! i saw somone talks bad stuffs about our 'lovely' supot. LOL!


just drop by to say hie, BOSS !

haha..very stress meh the work now? lepak lepak..u sure can handle it wan..

 
At 11:05 PM , Blogger sugar.glider said...

Wei Kent, you found my blog!

Haha... pai seh. Luckily i didn't mengumpat much :P I didn't talk bad about Supot what.... He's a nice guy right? Wanted to buy us pizzaaaa worr...

Btw, it's lesser stress to have you in our team. I never see ppl so hardworking before ;) Keep it up!

 
At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! yea..i 'ter-found' ur blog.

Luckily never mengumpat about me.haha!

Oklar, i will be lazy after this. so ur stress level will increase!

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger sugar.glider said...

Canot like that 1....

 
At 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, being a Christian does not mean being taken advantage of. So wise up, it looks like he is just using you guys to his advantage.

 
At 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a Christian does not mean being taken advantaged of.
TBH

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home